An Empowered Committee (EmmComm) was constituted to advise, guide and regulate the policy governing the newly constituted Cyber Security Center of Excellence (CS-CoE). First meeting of the EmmComm was held on 05th December, 2017. Second meeting of the EmmComm was held on 30th January, 2018. Some major decisions were taken in the 2ndEmmComm meeting:
- An RFP amongst empaneled agencies of CERT-In would be floated for rate discovery on (a) remote VAPT of government web-services and (b) end-point cyber health check-up of assets, systems and processes.
- CS-CoE would provide assistance to State Forensic Science Laboratory (S-FSL) foronboarding an external agency with requisite experience in similar skill development activity in government and/or private sector to (a) bring technical manpower to run such labs both at the State level and if required at the district level too and at the same time (b) develop skill of the those police personnel who would be deputed at those labs, on-the-job and thereafter (c) hand-over the management of those labs at a suitable opportunity and might continue to support from outside on call. It was also decided that the MeitY funds might be utilized for upgradation and modernization of the State FSL infrastructure.
- A workshop in the lines of an ‘exchange of knowledge’ mode would be arranged where stakeholders from the State, Centre, Academia, Law Enforcement and Private entities can participate and share their experiences, best practices, impediments faced along with their vision for the future.
The Empowered Committee of the Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (CS-CoE) was constituted with the members as follows:
- 1. Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/Secretary of IT&E Department as Chairman in ex-officio capacity.
- 2. Managing Director of M/s WBEIDC (Webel) as Executive Vice-Chairman in ex-officio capacity.
- 3. Joint Secretary/Deputy Secretary of IT&E Department as Member-Secretary in ex-officio capacity.
- 4. Chief Information and Security Officer (CISO) of West Bengal as ex-officio Member.
- 5. Information and Security Officer (ISO) of Kolkata Police as ex-officio Member.
- 6. Information and Security Officer (ISO) of West Bengal Police as ex-officio Member
- 7. Director IIIT, Kalyani in ex-officio capacity.
- 8. Air Chief Marshal (Mr) Arup Raha (Retired) as Member.
- 9. Dr Sanjay Bahl, Director General, CERT-In, Government of India.
- 10. Mr Mrityunjay Mahapatra, DMD SBI.
- 11. Dr Nabarun Bhattacharya, Director, C-DAC, Kolkata, Government of India.
- 12. Prof Anupam Basu, Director, NIT Durgapur representative from academia as Member.
- 13. Mr. Naveen Jaiswal, Member Assocham as Member.
- 14. Prof Sanghamitra Bandopadhyay, Director, Indian Statistical Institute, as Special Invitee Member.
- 15. Prof Sanjit Setua, Computer Science & Engineering Department, Calcutta University, as Special Invitee Member.